IN 2019, REMEMBER…
- Have patience with yourself. You are doing the best that you can with what you have.
- Take advantage of periods when you are the most stable and get things done.
- Do not beat yourself up during periods where you are the most unstable. Remember that this is an illness, and it is not your fault for having it.
- If you need to leave an event after just showing up, LEAVE.
- If you have to cancel an event or cancel attending one, DO NOT BEAT YOURSELF UP ABOUT IT.
- If you are on your way to an event or function (even if it is friend or family related), and you have to turn around and go home because you start to have an anxiety attack, DO NOT BEAT YOURSELF UP ABOUT IT.
- DO NOT BEAT YOURSELF UP about having to put your health and wellness first, even if that means making sacrifices.
- Sacrifices aren’t called sacrifices for no reason – they are going to be difficult at times and may hurt. Make them anyway and take care of yourself. Don’t hesitate – JUST DO IT. FOR YOU.
- If you get fired from a job, it is NOT the end of the world.
- Being unemployed and battling mental illness is hard, not gonna lie. But don’t let that cause you to want to hurt yourself because of how bad you might feel about it.
- Don’t give up on the job search! Stay motivated by pouring positivity in yourself through motivational pages on social media, inspiring books and media outlets, exercise, cooking, spending time with friends or family THAT ARE CAPABLE of supporting and encouraging you, reading uplifting literature and IF YOU ARE SPIRITUAL – constant prayer as well, first and foremost. If you are NOT spiritual, continue to seek goodness out in the world so that it may flow back into you.
- Please take your medication. If you forget or skip a day, GET BACK ON IT THE NEXT DAY.
- Be honest with your doctors and CONTINUOUSLY COMMUNICATE with them on how you are feeling and whatever it is that you need. They work for YOU, let them do their job as you continue to fight for your life and happiness.
- Seek help if and whenever you need it! Search for it and do not give up. Chances are that whatever you want is already out here somewhere. Be persistent, proactive and hold yourself accountable everyday. Be your OWN CHEERLEADER each and every day.
- LOVE YOURSELF, LOVE YOURSELF, LOVE YOURSELF, LOVE YOURSELF, LOVE YOURSELF, LOVE YOURSELF, LOVE YOURSELF, LOVE YOURSELF, LOVE YOURSELF, LOVE YOURSELF.…….and again, LOVE YOURSELF ❤ ❤ ❤ LOVE YOU! NO MATTER WHAT, LOVE WHO YOU ARE, FLAWS AND ALL, MENTAL ILLNESS INCLUDED, LOVE YOU ❤
– You deserve it –
R.K.B. is an award winning self-published Author, Poet and Entrepreneur from Detroit, Michigan.
Visit her website to learn more, and stay updated on her upcoming works and events: http://www.intomywoods.com !